Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Spoon River - Minneapolis

The first snow fall of the year has got me thinking about soup and I can't think of a better spot in Minneapolis for soup other than Spoon River. They almost always have a couple fresh soups each day and I have yet to try one I didn't love. Super fresh ingredients and never too salty. Spoon river is not just about soup. They have an incredible lunch, dinner and brunch menu. Today I had the pinto bean chili and it was awesome, and as far as I could tell, vegetarian.
Spoon River is the ideal spot if you have Guthrie Theatre tickets, as they are only steps apart from each other. They have a nice little bar if you are looking for a pre-show cocktail.
I will try and follow up with a more in depth review of Spoon River soon.
Spoon River is located at 702 South 2nd Street in Minneapolis, MN. They are open Tuesday-Thursday 11:30am-9:00pm, Friday 11:30am-10:00pm, Saturday 10:00am-10:00pm, Sunday 10:00am-9:00pm, closed Mondays. Spoon River's phone number is 612-436-2236.

No comments: